On Saturday, June 15, guests will enjoy self-guided access to lovingly-cared-for private homes, buildings and green spaces throughout the Paterson Park Neighborhood.
Paterson Park boasts homes from the turn of the 20th century, reflecting the era’s newfound appreciation for city planning and the development of public parks and recreational facilities. The neighborhood was also where the writer H.P. Lovecraft spent the early years of his life.
- 9:45 am – 2 pm: Required guest check-in. Participants will receive a Guide Map for admission to each house
- 10 am - 4 pm: Self-guided tours of historic houses
Rain or shine. No indoor photography or videography. Children 10 and over.
Sunday, June 16, will feature guided walking tours of the Paterson Park neighborhood and its green spaces from 1 pm - 5 pm:
- “H.P. Lovecraft: A Youth in Wayland Square” — Come walk in the Wayland Square that H.P. Lovecraft knew. See where he lived and played, and visit the sites that inspired his youthful writing.
- “A Place of Beauty and Satisfaction,” a tour of Gladys Potter Park
- A tour of the Blackstone Park Conservation District
Special Offer from Hotel Providence
Book your weekend stay (June 14-16) at the Hotel Providence and receive two complimentary tickets to our Saturday and Sunday tours! Visit HotelProvidence.com and use the code PPSFHH when registering.